Monday, July 9, 2012

DIY sharpie dishes

So I recently saw on Pinterest a tutorial or two for some awesome West-Elm knockoff dinnerware. This is the real plate:
West Elm Chevron Dinnerware is the inspiration for my plate
West Elm Hand-Painted Dotted Dinnerware is the inspiration for my cup
And this is my plate:
Pretty dang similar, huh?! Read on if you want to learn how to do this! I promise it's SUPER easy!!!

11) Go to the Dollar Tree and buy plates and/or cups and/or bowls to decorate, as many as you want! I bought a plate and a mug, both white porcelain.
2) Get a Sharpie ready, and start doodlin'! This is the most fun part, I recommend the zigzag pattern because it went MUCH faster than the dots. The dots took like an hour to do one cup!!!


3) Once you're done decorating, put them in a cold oven, then set the oven to 350. When it gets up to temp, set a timer for 20 minutes.
4) After the 20 minutes are up, take the dishes out and let them cool on a hot pad or something.

This is the finished product...er, products!



Cool, huh? I think it is! Thank you, Eclectically Vintage, and Holly Would! These blogs are great! This project only cost me $2! One dollar for each piece, plus a sharpie that I already had!
Thanks for reading, hope you have fun decorating your awesome new plates!
~The Wild Chrysanthemum

No comments:

Post a Comment